10 Interesting Facts
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it)
2. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that’s more like it)
3. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Still can’t get over that pig thing)
(Don’t try this at home…maybe at work?)
4. A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
(In my next life I want to be a pig)
(How’d they figure this out, and why?)
5. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)
(And pigs get 30-minute orgasms? Doesn’t seem fair)
6. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
7. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
(If you’re ambidextrous do you split the difference?)
8. The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
(From drinking little bottles of…?)
(Did taxpayers pay for this research??)
9. Polar bears are left handed.
(Who knew….? Who cares? How’d they find out, did they ask them?)
10. The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What can be so tasty on the bottom of the pond?)
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 21:30 and is filed under Quiz, Trivia. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.