Urban Lessons - Words To Live By!|
01. Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.
02. Memorize your favorite poem.
03. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.
04. When you say, "I love you"-mean it.
05. When you say, "I'm sorry" look the person in the eye.
06. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
07. Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
08. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it's the only way to live life completely.
09. In disagreements, fight fairly. Donít call names.
10. Don't judge people by their relatives.
11. Talk slowly but think quickly.
12. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
13. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
14. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
15. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
16. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
17. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
18. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
19. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any others will.
20. Spend some time alone.
21. Open your arms to changes but don't let go of your values.
22. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
23. Read more books and watch less TV.
24. Live a good, honorable life. When you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
25. Trust in God but lock your car.
26. Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
27. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
28. Read between the lines.
29. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
30. Be gentle with the Earth.
31. Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
32. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
33. Mind your own business unless youíre approached.
34. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
35. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
36. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
37. Learn the rules, then break some.
38. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
39. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it. The lesser you give up, the more successful you are.
40. Remember that your character is your destiny.
Contributed by Krishna Pawan Kumar (55), Planet Earth
Have an amusing quote you'd like to share? Submit your favourite Quotations / Graffiti to Fukkad, and if we love it, we might make you famous - or at least put your name, email, address & country on the site.
Email it to us