Tea or Coffee : Whos Drinking What?
Cafe or Tea Pub!
COFFEE has 125-185mg of caffeine per cup. It enters the human system faster then the caffeine in Tea and causes ‘coffee jitters’. No disease-preventing or health-enhancing ingredients.
TEA contains 55mg of caffeine per cup. This caffeine takes longer to enter the system so its gentler. Tea has tannin, catechin, Vitamins E and C and fluorine that prevents cancer and heart diseases.
Coffee Industry Stats
* Globally, more than two billion cups of coffee is drunk every day.
* Since 1990, the retail sales from coffee have increased from $30 billion to $80 billion a year. (and growing)
* 4 multinationals corporations dominate the worlds coffee market. They are: Kraft, Nestlé, Proctor & Gamble, and Sara Lee. (surprised to see Starbucks isn’t on the list? Well that’s because the supplier is a 3rd party group known as Volcafe. They “shop” for Starbucks’ beans).
* The international price of coffee is established in New York City and London.
* Coffee is the 2nd most actively traded commodity in the world market.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 at 12:37 and is filed under Trivia. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.